Just like you would when buying a second hand car, when buying used or refurbished food machinery there are several factors to consider to ensure that you get the best value for your money.
Our second-hand and refurbished machines are always thoroughly checked by our engineers so we know the machines we sell are in good condition. However if you look to buy your machines elsewhere, here are our top tips in what to look for and questions to ask the seller.
1. Quality and safety - The quality of the second-hand food processing machines you buy comes down to where you buy them from. Check that you’re purchasing from a provider that services all second-hand machines and thoroughly checks them for quality and safety.
2. Cost savings - One of the most obvious benefits of buying used food machinery is the cost savings you can make. By choosing a used food machine, you might find the costs are low enough that you gain access to a wider range of quality equipment than you might have had to buy new
3. Machine type - Consider the type of machine you need for your business. Make sure that the used or refurbished machine you are considering is suitable for your specific needs.
4. Age and condition - Check the age and condition of the machine before making a purchase. Ask for detailed information about the machine's service history, any accessories or spares included, and any repairs or maintenance that have been done.
5. Warranty - Look for a warranty or guarantee on the used or refurbished machine you are considering. This will give you peace of mind knowing that if something goes wrong with the machine, you can get it repaired or replaced.
6. Supplier reputation - Research the supplier's reputation before making a purchase. Look for reviews from other customers who have purchased used or refurbished machines from them.
7. Price - Finally, compare prices from different suppliers to ensure that you are getting a fair price for the machine you want to buy.